2017 Call for Courses
120th Annual AOA Congress & 47th Annual AOSA Conference:
June 21 - June 25, 2017
The American Optometric Association is pleased to invite your submission of optometric, optometric staff, and future optometrist education courses at the 2017 Optometry’s Meeting®. Continuing education courses will be held from Wednesday, June 21 through Sunday, June 25, 2017.
Courses submitted cover a wide variety of ophthalmic topics. All abstracts must be submitted electronically via online submission by August 15, 2016.
COURSE CRITERIA AND REQUIREMENTS
All applicants will be notified of accepted/ selected courses via email mid-Fall 2016. Acceptance will be based on the following criteria:
- The complete electronic submission must be received by the American Optometric Association by August 15, 2016.
- The submission must be complete; otherwise the entry will be ineligible.
- If a course is accepted, the Speaker must complete an AOA Speaker’s Agreement.
- Upon acceptance, the Speaker must turn in to the AOA a brief biography, curriculum vitae, and an initial course outline (to be submitted to COPE). These course materials will be due within one month of notification. Final course outline will be due in February 2017.
- Due to overwhelming application response and the Continuing Education Committee review, not all submitted courses will be accepted.
- Speakers cannot promote their books, consulting services, etc., during education sessions.
- A brief overview of the AOA reimbursement policy that applies to General Education courses as dictated by the Continuing Education Committee:
- Honorarium Standard Courses - $350/hour/per instructor that is selected/ invited by the AOA Continuing Education Committee.
- Honorarium Labs - $350/hour (per instructor, maximum of 2 instructors), or $350/hour Solo Lab.
- Honorarium Panels - $350/hour.
- Travel Stipend– The travel stipend includes one round trip coach airfare reimbursement based on the current average airfare rate from the speaker's home address to Optometry's Meeting. The stipend also includes $350 for each day the speaker is speaking at Optometry's Meeting. Please note speakers will not have to submit their travel receipts after the meeting. The speaker travel per diem is determined and agrreed upon before the meeting.
If you have any questions regarding the Call for Courses, please contact Stacy Harris or Fran Ghannam, Education Managers, at the AOA. Email:
|Application deadline||August 15, 2016|
|Notification of selected courses||Mid-Fall via email|
Course materials due- bio, CV,
initial course outline
one month after notification
|Final course handouts due to AOA||Early April 2017|
|2017 Optometry’s Meeting®||
June 21 - June 25, 2017