NEW ELECTRONIC POSTER FORMAT
The AOA wants you to participate in our state-of-the-art ePoster (Electronic Poster) Session at Optometry's Meeting®!
The ePoster Sessions create a national forum for clinicians, students, and faculty to communicate interesting cases and unique research to their colleagues. Abstracts based on unique clinical cases and all aspects of optometric research will be reviewed and submissions meeting required criteria will be accepted for ePoster presentation. All case reports and research must be complete and unpublished at the time of submission. Poster abstracts must be submitted electronically and be received by February 6, 2017.
New ePoster Format
The new ePoster format is an excellent way to present research and clinical data. The AOA will provide Flat HD Screen TV monitors on stands that are mounted with computers and loaded with software to display each of the posters throughout the conference. The ePosters will be uploaded to the computers attached to the monitors prior to the start of the conference.
There are many benefits of the new ePoster format:
- Innovative and cutting edge technology
- Transport digital posters using handheld devices
- Incorporate Video-clips, animations and 3D models in your presentation
- Upload and make changes up until presentation time
Top 5 Posters Featured
The top 5 posters will be selected to participate in an interactive education session at Optometry's Meeting on Saturday, June 24 from 2pm - 4pm. Each presenter will be paid a $350 honorarium to participate in this rapid-fire session featuring 15-20 minutes of presentation per author. The top 5 posters will also be featured in AOA Focus.
Selection Criteria and Requirements
Authors will be notified by email of the acceptance of their poster by mid-March. Acceptance will be based on the following criteria:
- All abstracts must meet the following requirements:
- Primary authors must be a member of the AOA in order to be an Optometry’s Meeting® Poster Presenter.
- The complete abstract must be submitted online by February 6, 2017.
- A primary author may only submit 3 posters total; any posters exceeding this amount will not be considered.
- The abstract must follow the format example explicitly, (see links below) or disqualification will occur.
- The abstract submission form must be filled out completely; otherwise the entry will be disqualified.
- The abstract must be no more than 350 words (not including title and authors); all abstracts over this word count will be disqualified.
- The information conveyed must be of sufficient general interest to the optometric community.
- The abstract must be clear, concise, and well-written in anticipation of publication.
- The abstract must contain sufficient detail for evaluation.
- Scientific abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The abstract must be based on original and previously unpublished research.
- The abstract must describe a scientific investigation of the idea or product being studied.
- The abstract must demonstrate a clear and soundly tested hypothesis.
- The conclusions in the abstract must appear to be justified by the results presented.
- The abstract must contain evidence of a significant, new result and the significance must be clear from the abstract.
- The abstract must contain more than just preliminary results.
- Case report abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The case report must highlight timely or essential information, not just a review of information already in the literature.
- The case report must be unique - if two similar case reports are submitted, a choice may be made between the two to maximize diversity in the poster program.
- The case report must demonstrate complete follow-through of patient care.
- The clinical significance of the case report must be clear from the abstract.
- Informational abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The topic must be deemed appropriate for presentation at Optometry’s Meeting®. Topics appropriate for informational posters include, but are not limited to, information about AOA programs or sections.
- Informational posters may not contain product or service advertisements.
Please note: Authors of selected posters will receive a complimentary Exhibit Hall Only Registration Pass to Optometry's Meeting. If an author wants to participate in events and continuing education, the author will need to register as a professional attendee. The author is also responsible for hotel & transportation costs.
Publication of Abstracts
Posters are peer-reviewed and only those that meet the acceptance criteria will be selected for presentation and publication. Accepted posters will be published in an AOA digital supplement that will be promoted to AOA members and the profession. The supplement will be featured on aoa.org and also be included in an article in AOA Focus magazine following Optometry's Meeting.
Attending the Poster Session
There will be four ePoster sessions offering CE credit from Friday, June 23 - Saturday, June 24, 2017 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C. The authors will be notified of their session time and date upon acceptance. All authors must be present.
Examples of a ePoster Templates. Authors will be given ePoster creation and upload instructions upon acceptance.
|Submission deadline||February 6, 2017|
|Notification of acceptance||Mid-March 2017|
|Optometry's Meeting®||June 21 - June 25, 2017|
|ePoster Sessions||June 23 - June 24, 2017|
|Rapid-Fire CE Course Featuring Top 5 Poster Presenters||June 24, 2017 2:00pm-4:00pm|
|American Optometric Association
Attn: Fran Ghannam
243 N. Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
|(800) 365-2219 ext. 4254||(314) email@example.com|