- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where will the main events of Optometry's Meeting® 2017 be held?
- Optometry's Meeting® exhibits, continuing education, and major events will take place at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center located at 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, DC 20001.
- What is the event schedule?
- Click here to view the Conference at a Glance and click here to view Conference Highlights. These will be updated frequently as events are added.
- What is the dress code for the conference?
Business casual unless otherwise noted. Meeting rooms tend to be cool, and the AOA/AOSA recommends that you pack a light jacket or sweater to wear while attending sessions.
- Who do I contact for questions?
For inquiries about program content and general information, email email@example.com.
For registration questions, call 877-394-9748, (708-344-1112 for international calls), or email at OMregistration@compusystems.com.
For housing questions, call the housing bureau at 866-546-4300 (972-349-5409 for international calls) or email OMhousing@wyndhamjade.com.
How can I reserve a meeting room for my exhibiting company, school or college of optometry, or association?
For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- When does registration open?
- Registration is open for Optometry's Meeting® 2017. Click here for registration rates and other information. Click here to register.
- What types of payment do you accept for registration?
For online registration we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards (credit only, no debit). For paper registration we also accept checks made payable to Optometry's Meeting (U.S. dollars only).
Who do I contact to find out my member number?
You can call 800-365-2219 and press 2 or email Addresschange@aoa.org. Please note our business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm Central.
- I've already registered but cannot attend. How can I cancel my registration?
A refund of registration fees, less a $50 per person administrative charge, will be granted if your written request is emailed or postmarked on or prior to May 15, 2017. No refunds will be given after the May 15 deadline. All refunds will be issued in the same form as your original payment. Cancellation requests will not be processed by telephone.
Request for refunds should be sent to:
Optometry's Meeting® 2017
2651 Warrenville Rd., Suite 400
Downers Grove, IL 60515
- When will I be able to reserve hotel rooms in the Optometry's Meeting® block?
You can already reserve rooms in Washington, DC in the housing block. Click here for hotel information and rates. Click here to book a hotel room.
What hotels will be in the Optometry's Meeting® block?
The Washington Marriott Marquis serves as the headquarters hotel for Optometry's Meeting® and is conveniently located adjacent to the Convention Center. Other hotels available within the Optometry's Meeting® room block are the Cambria Suites Convention Center, Comfort Inn DC Convention Center, Embassy Suites DC Convention Center, Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington Downtown, Hampton Inn Convention Center, Henley Park Hotel, Homewood Suites Convention Center, Morrison Clark Historic Inn, and Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown. Click here for hotel descriptions and photos. Click here for hotel amenities and information specific to each hotel.
- Are the hotels within walking distance of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center or is shuttle service available to the Convention Center each day?
All hotels are within easy walking distance of the Convention Center. Shuttle service is not provided.
- What is the weather like in June in Washington, DC?
The month of June is a nice time of year to explore the nation's capital as the weather in June is mostly comfortable to warm. The afternoon high temperatures generally will reach the mid to upper 80s while the morning lows will dip into the upper 60s to near 70. On a few of the warmer days you can expect highs reaching into the mid-90s. Bring an umbrella for those occasional thunderstorms.
- What can I do in my free time in Washington, DC?
There's so much to see and do in DC. Click here to visit the Local Attractions page.
Is parking available at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center?
There are many parking options close to the convention center, and you can even reserve your guaranteed parking spot in advance. Click here for convention center parking options, maps, and prices. Information about the Metro, the D.C. area's first-rate subway system, is also on this page.
- How do I get to a particular restaurant or place?
Visit the concierge desk or front desk staff of your hotel for information.
Who do I contact if I have special needs?
Indicate during registration (online or paper) that you require special services in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. An AOA staff member will contact you.
- Are any travel discounts offered?
Amtrak is offering Optometry's Meeting® attendees a 10% discount off the best available rail fare to Washington, DC between June 18, 2017 and June 28, 2017. To book your reservation, call Amtrak at 1-800-872-7245 or contact your travel agent; the discount is not available when booking online.
Please refer to Convention Fare Code X56D-962 when making your reservation. This offer is not valid on the Auto Train and Acela Service. Fare is valid on Amtrak Regional for all departures seven days a week, except for holiday blackouts. Offer valid with Sleepers, Business Class, or First Class seats with payment of the full applicable accommodation charges.
- How can an international visitor receive a personalized invitation to Optometry's Meeting®?
International visitors will be able to request an invitation during the online registration process.