The AOA+ Leadership Society is a program for students to participate in during Optometry's Meeting to build their leadership skills, advance their careers through networking, personal and professional development, and specialized education outside of the classroom.
· Wednesday Leadership Link - Advocates only
· Advocacy Kick-Off - Advocates only
· Optometry Unites (Wednesday)
· 3 of 6 AOA+ Pop-Up sessions (offered Thursday and Saturday)
· Advocacy Workshop (Thursday)
· Residency and State Affiliate Summit (check in with one state and two residency directors)
- Essilor Education (Friday)
· Luxottica Education (Friday)
· Attend any two of the following:
-Any contact lens education course (does not have to be a paid for workshop, 15 free
contact lens courses to choose from)
-1 hr. of OD CE (you may take 2, 1-hour OD CE courses to complete this requirement)
-Sports Performance Vision and Vision Rehabilitation Forum (limited capacity, by invite
Participation in the following events:
· AOSA Optometry Student Bowl XXIX powered by Essilor
· Luxottica Live!
· Stop by the Optometry Cares table outside the AOSA Sunglass Sale
To apply for the 2020 Leadership Society, please use the button below to apply. Inductees will be notified by September 2020, following Optometry's Meeting being held at National Harbor, Washington, D.C.