Call for abstracts
The AOA invites you to participate in the ePoster Session prior to and during Optometry's Meeting® 2022! Submit your abstract by Feb. 14.
The AOA invites you to participate in our ePoster (Electronic Poster) Session prior to and during Optometry's Meeting®! Submit your abstract after carefully reading the criteria and requirements below.
The ePoster Sessions create a national forum for clinicians, students and faculty to communicate interesting cases and unique research to their colleagues. Abstracts based on unique clinical cases and all aspects of optometric research will be reviewed and submissions meeting required criteria will be accepted for ePoster presentation. All case reports and research must be complete and unpublished at the time of submission. Poster abstracts must be submitted electronically and be received by Feb. 14, 2022.
The ePosters will be conducted virtually on June 7-8, 2022, allowing for increased participation by those still under travel moratoriums.
Top five posters featured
The top five posters will be selected to participate in an interactive education session at Optometry's Meeting on Saturday, June 15, 2022, from 1–3 p.m.. Each presenter will be paid a $350 honorarium to participate in this rapid-fire session featuring 15-20 minutes of presentation per author. The top five posters will also be featured in AOA Focus.
Selection criteria and requirements
Authors will be notified by mid-March via email if their poster has been accepted. Acceptance will be based on the following criteria:
- All abstracts must meet the following requirements
- Primary authors must be a member of the AOA to be an Optometry’s Meeting poster presenter.
- The complete abstract must be submitted online by Feb. 14, 2022.
- A primary author may only submit three posters total; any posters exceeding this amount will not be considered.
- The abstract must follow the format example explicitly, or disqualification will occur.
Case report abstract
Title: Title should be short and indicative of the nature of the case report.
Summary: Summarize the following key elements of the case report. The abstract cannot exceed 350 words. Submissions over 350 words in length will not be eligible for selection.
Scientific poster abstract
Title: Title should be short and indicative of the nature of the scientific report.
Summary: Summarize the following key elements of the scientific report. The abstract cannot exceed 350 words. Submissions over 350 words in length will not be eligible for selection.
- The abstract submission must be complete; otherwise, the entry will be disqualified.
- The abstract must be no more than 350 words (not including title and authors); all abstracts over this word count will be disqualified.
- The information conveyed must be of sufficient general interest to the optometric community.
- The abstract must be clear, concise, and well-written in anticipation of publication.
- The abstract must contain sufficient detail for evaluation.
- Scientific abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The abstract must be based on original and previously unpublished research.
- The abstract must describe a scientific investigation of the idea or product being studied.
- The abstract must demonstrate a clear and soundly tested hypothesis.
- The conclusions in the abstract must appear to be justified by the results presented.
- The abstract must contain evidence of a significant, new result and the significance must be clear from the abstract.
- The abstract must contain more than just preliminary results.
- Case report abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The case report must highlight timely or essential information, not just a review of information already in the literature.
- The case report must be unique. If two similar case reports are submitted, a choice may be made between the two to maximize diversity in the poster program.
- The case report must demonstrate complete follow-through of patient care.
- The clinical significance of the case report must be clear from the abstract.
- Informational abstracts must meet the following additional requirements:
- The topic must be deemed appropriate for presentation at Optometry’s Meeting®. Topics appropriate for informational posters include, but are not limited to, information about AOA programs or sections.
- Informational posters may not contain product or service advertisements.
Please note: Authors of selected Top 5 posters will receive a complimentary Exhibit Hall only registration pass to Optometry's Meeting. If an author wants to participate in events and continuing education (CE), the author will need to register as a professional attendee. The author is also responsible for hotel and transportation costs.
Publication of abstracts
Posters are peer-reviewed and only those that meet the acceptance criteria will be selected for presentation and publication. Accepted posters will be published in an AOA digital supplement promoted to AOA members and the profession. The supplement will be featured on aoa.org, optometrysmeeting.org and included in an article in AOA Focus magazine following Optometry's Meeting.
Attending the poster session
There will be six virtual ePoster sessions:
Tuesday, June 7, 2022
4-5 p.m. CT
5-6 p.m. CT
6-7 p.m. CT
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
4-5 p.m. CT
5-6 p.m. CT
6-7 p.m. CT
Authors will be notified of their session time and date upon acceptance. All primary authors must be present.
Authors will be given ePoster creation and upload instructions upon acceptance. Examples posters will be provided at that time.
|Submission deadline||Feb. 14, 2022|
|Notification of acceptance||Mid-March 2022|
|ePoster Sessions||June 7 & 8, 2022|
|Optometry's Meeting||June 15- 18, 2022|
|Rapid-Fire CE Course Featuring Top 5 Poster Presenters||June 18, 2022|