- AOSA Influencers
Become an AOSA Influencer! Social media users are eligible to earn a $200 travel grant to Optometry’s Meeting in Denver. Fifty (50) $200 travel grants are available to students who will make social media posts to engage other students and build excitement to attend Optometry’s Meeting!
To become a 2021 AOSA Influencer and be eligible for one of the 50 $200 travel grants, review the requirements below and then apply.
Sign up Here
- Be an AOSA/AOA member.
- Register and attend Optometry’s Meeting 2021 in Denver, Colorado June 24-26.
- Post a minimum of 6 times on a personal and/or school social media page (Instagram, Facebook, or TikTok) relating to Optometry’s Meeting before July 1, 2021.
- 3 of the 6 posts should be prior to Optometry’s Meeting.
- 3 of the 6 posts should be during Optometry’s Meeting.
- Posts must include the following hashtags: #theaosa, #OM2021.
- Tag @theaosa
- Use the AOSA Scavenger hunt for post ideas!
- Screen shot social media posts to submit to your school chapter’s AOSA Trustee.
- Complete requirements for the AOA+ Leadership Society while at Optometry’s Meeting.
$200 travel grant (to be awarded post-meeting)
Membership into the AOA+ Leadership Society includes:
- Honorable distinction at schools and colleges from AOA Faculty Liaisons
- Commemorative AOA+ participation lapel pin
- Certificate of completion
- The ability to list on all statements of personal accomplishment, including resume
- Grants will be provided to the first 50 students to sign-up. You will be contacted directly once registered to confirm your spot.
- You will be contacted to submit a W9 prior to Optometry’s Meeting. This is required to receive your grant.